Monday, March 2, 2009

SJ Gnomee

so this has nothing to do with school..but being a designer..i come from a very crafty/creative background. oh, and...i live like 15 minutes out of san jose..so you better believe the sharks are my fav sports team EVER!! (and they're kickin' butt this year!! woot!) anyway, my family all decided to go to Petroglyph in Willow Glen (its a pottery painting place) about a month or more ago and i picked out a gnome to paint (it's kind of an inside joke with our family...) i was wondering how i wanted to paint him when my dad was like, "he should be wearing a sharks jersey!!" and i'm like...

"GENIUS!!!"

hahahaha!!! so, this little guy has taken me like 3 or 4 trips down to Willow Glen on days off from school...and probably 8+ hours to finish...but here's what he looks like::


and his face/hat::


soo, he is complete..and he's home. i picked him up last night after they had finished firing him. :) i wanted to put him outside (in our backyard next to our other gnome....gnarles...but my mom won't let me.) haha! my parents both agree he kind of looks like Joe Thornton during playoffs when he's growing out his very manly playoff beard. i must agree...he also has a Mike Commodore look to him...cept, without the white-boy fro...and minus the Blue Jackets jersey (blech!)

maybe SJ Gnomee ("no-me") will bring our boys a little luck this playoff season! here's to an amazing finish by our boys in teal!! woot!

1 comment: